Did you know that small businesses are also likely to be targeted for cyber- attacks?
Everyone needs to be able to understand the importance of keeping businesses safe from being attacked online. There are simple yet significant steps you can take to ensure this.
Attacks on small and medium scale businesses are as bad as those on big business. So you need to be mindful of what can possibly go wrong.
There are several things you can do to help keep your small business safe from cyber attacks. Some are very simple steps you can take while others call for specific solutions.
1. Use strong, unique passwords for all of your accounts and update them regularly.
Make sure your passwords are unique and difficult to decipher.
2. Enable two-factor authentication on all of your accounts whenever possible. This is an area that is often overlooked. Use this to ensure tight online safety.
3. Keep your software and operating systems up to date with the latest security patches. Make sure your software is running on latest updates which prevent hacking and accessing by unauthorized parties.
4. Use a firewall to protect your network and restrict access to authorized users only. This can be easily done.
5. Be cautious when opening email attachments or clicking on links, even if they seem legitimate. This is a very important aspect many forget when they are online.
6. Use anti-virus and anti-malware software to protect your systems. At all times, make sure you are protected.
7. Back up your important data regularly and store the backups in a secure location. Never leave it to chance and never think that you cannot be compromised.
8. Train your employees on how to identify and prevent cyber threats. Update them on how threats occur and what can go wrong.
9. Consider working with a managed IT service provider to help you secure your systems and keep them updated. This may not always be possible but is definitely worth to consider as you grow.
10. Don’t give everyone access to sensitive data – Make sure that only you and a few others can access really vital data. This way, you can prevent being hacked into through third party devices such as smartphones.
By taking these steps, you can help protect your small business from cyber attacks and keep your sensitive information secure. You must be conscious of the threats online that can take place when you are least expecting it.